First Lady Michelle Obama and Partnership for a Healthier America have announced that seven additional organizations will be supporting their Drink Up effort, which encourages people across the country to drink more water. The companies Brita, First 5 Santa Clara County, Haws Corporation, Nalgene, S’well Bottle, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and The California Endowment will promote Drink Up messages on water filtration systems, re-usable water bottles, drinking fountains, and other products and programs. A new study has found that the Drink Up campaign has contributed to the 3 percent increase in water bottle sales and consumption. Drink up and stop using plastic water bottles with these five hydration tips!
- Make your reusable water bottle special! Pick your favorite color, a unique design, or put an inspirational sticker on it. The more you bond with your bottle, the more likely you’ll be to use it throughout the day.
- Sip through a straw! Gulping down water can seem daunting. Instead, get a package of straws and slowly sip it instead.
- Set a glass of water at each place setting at the dinner table just like restaurants do. By sipping water between every few bites, you’ll slow you down and enjoy your meal more, while also meeting your water needs.
- Dilute your juice! Fill ¼ of your glass with fruit juice, then top it off with water or seltzer to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Switch to a Quench Bottleless water cooler to have an endless supply of clean water in your office!